- 65 people were shot and 20% or 13 died as a result of Chicago gun violence over the holiday weekend.
- Victims included Crystal Myer who was nine months pregnant.
- Allen Smith, a retired pastor, was killed outside of a nursing home.
- According to the Chicago Tribune, this was the deadliest Chicago holiday weekend of the year, by far.
- Police attributed much of the violence to gang activities.
- The 90 murders in Chicago in August was the highest monthly number since 1996.
- The Congressional Budget office (CBO) recently reported that the Federal government took in a record high haul in tax receipts through July, 2016, a whopping $2.679 TRILLION.
- And yet despite stealing a record number of dollars from Americans in 2016, the Federal government will likely run a budget deficit of $600 billion, an increase of $56 billion from the last CBO estimate for 2016 and increase of $161 billion from the 2015 full year budget deficit.
- Even more distressing, despite receiving a record amount of tax receipts, the New York Analysis of Policy and Government organizations points out, based on the analysis it has done, that the Federal government is still underfunding important functions like national security, infrastructure improvement, hardening the national electrical grill, and other problem areas.
- And the shortfalls in these areas are in addition to the impending financial collapse of Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom: