- Americans eat too much of the wrong kind of food, resulting in obscenely high obesity rates for the country.
- Our food chain is infested with overdoses of high fructose corn syrup, salt, and other unhealthy additives.
- Americans smoke too much.
- Americans do not exercise enough.
- The country is in serious need of health care tort reform.
- Barriers to insurance company competition across state lines need to come down.
- Obama Care never “followed the money” to find out who is actually profiting from the ever escalating healthcare costs in this country and how to get those factors under control.
- Obama Care never got the immense amount of fraud and abuse in current government healthcare programs, Medicare and Medicaid, under control in order to save money to efficiently fund other government health care initiatives.
- Obama Care never put serious research money towards curing the major diseases that drive high healthcare costs such as high frequency cancers and dementia type diseases.
- The findings are based on a recent research study that was published in the publication, “Annals Of Internal Medicine.”
- It found that, on average, for every hour that a doctor spends with a patient, they spend two hours doing paperwork.
- Obama Care was supposed to make reporting paperwork much easier since everything would be mechanized but the government design and requirements has had the opposite effect, taking valuable healing and patient time away from doctors and replaced it with with burdensome paperwork.
- And even when doctors are in an examination room with their patients, they spend only 52.9% of the exam room time doing doctor-like work and the rest of the time doing paperwork and reporting.
- Research by Kaiser/HRET Employer Health Benefits reported on September 14 that the average American family’s health insurance plan is now over $18,000 a year.
- This is up 3.5% from 2015 and is substantially higher than the growth in household wages over that same time period.
- CNN MOney reported that: “Employees are paying a whole lot more for health insurance than they did a decade ago. The average family plan cost $11,480 in 2006, of which workers had to pay $2,973.”
- And it is not only health insurance premiums that are going up quickly, deductibles are also rising rapidly since over half of American workers now have at least a $1,000 deductible, a number that is up 31% since just 2011.
- Employees of small businesses, according to the New York Times, now average an even higher deductible, $1,800 a year, and 20% of workers pay over $2,000 a year in deductibles.
- As a small business owner, she has to purchase her own health insurance plan.
- Her annual premiums tripled since the onset of Obama Care even though her health and her use of her insurance has not changed.
- She claims that other small business owners she knows have face similar increases and challenges.
- Her writing also reviews the other broken promises of Obama Care including the vow that you can keep your current plan if you like it, families making less than $250,000 would not see any tax increases, Obama Care would not add to the national debt, and insurance premiums would decrease, all of which never came to pass.
- Instead, we got stuck with higher premiums, dropped plans, possibly over a trillion dollars added to the national debt, more narrow doctor and hospital networks, higher taxes, and less overall choice in every aspect of our health care.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com