As we have dove into the whole issue of manmade global warming, or its new rebranded title of climate change, we found that Al Gore and people like him were guilty of a number of things:
- Ignoring science and realities that did not support their opinions and positions.
- Rather than have an adult conversation about climate, these types of advocates like Gore sank to the level of insulting those who dared look at ALL science by calling them a variety of names including racists, homophobes, terrorists, flat earth believers, and other slanderous names.
- Continuing to insist that politicians step up their intrusions into our lives with higher taxes, more regulations, and more control on our freedoms and standards of living based on a shaky theory at best.
Thus, let’s see the latest facts and science that prove you can be a global warming doubter and a believer in science, regardless of what Al Gore proclaims
1) Yesterday we discussed the reality that the Arctic ice cap has been growing in size and volume over the past few years, dispelling any lingering doubts that global warming could reduce the ice cap to only water within five years.
This reality was driven home again when a recent global warming research effort to the Arctic by the Canadian icebreaker CCGS Amundsen was terminated because the ice breaker had to be taken off of the study and sent to get several supply ships unfrozen from Arctic ice. Yes, there was too much ice up by the North Pole for freighters to navigate freely, hardly a sign of a disappearing ice cap that Al Gore predicted just six years ago.
According to Johnny Leclair, assistant commissioner for the Coast Guard, ice conditions in this Arctic area are the worst he's seen in 20 years. This was apparently the first time ever that the Amundsen has had to be diverted away from a science mission to go break up ice. Those in charge of the scientific expedition announced that some of the planned experiments and measurements, four years in the planning, will be delayed or terminated altogether as a result of the delay.
The UK Register reported: “The Arctic ice cap has not, contrary to the predictions of climate alarmists, completely disappeared: in fact it has been growing rapidly, increasing by an entire third just in 2013 and more since.” The BBC has also recently published updated research which has confirmed the Arctic ice's remarkable comeback over the last couple of years.
But the growing ice situation must be really bad since news reports indicate that two more icebreakers are heading toward the upper Hudson Bay to relieve the Amundsen.
2) Al Gore and Barack Obama like to degenerate any discussion of manmade global warming and climate change into a name calling, condescending, insult match between themselves, who fancy themselves as believers in science, and the heathens that dare to disagree with their position. Thus, it is always refreshing when we are able to present real scientists that agree it is perfectly logical to be a global warming doubter and a believer in science vs. politicians that parade around as if they are scientists.
Which is exactly what happened recently when a Nobel Prize laureate recently announced that global warming is non-existent. Dr. Ivar Giaever and more than 70 Nobel Science Laureates had actually endorsed Barack Obama for President back in 2008 but seven years later, he now stands against the Obama on the global warming issue.
According to Giaever: “I would say that basically global warming is a non-problem.” Giaever, who won the Nobel for physics in 1973, told this to an audience at the Lindau Nobel Laureate meeting earlier this month. He actually made fun of Obama’s statement that “no challenge poses a greater threat to future generations than climate change,” calling it a “ridiculous position” and claiming that Obama “gets bad advice” when it comes to global warming. Giaever went to to say: “I say this to Obama: Excuse me, Mr. President, but you’re wrong. Dead wrong.”
Giaever was once a professor at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute’s School of Engineering and School of Science and received the Nobel Prize for physics for his work on quantum tunneling. Giaever said he was “horrified” about the science surrounding global warming when he conducted research on the subject in 2012. Giaever resigned from the American Physical Society in 2011 when the Society stated that “the evidence is incontrovertible … [g]lobal warming is occurring.”
At that time, Giaever opined that “Global warming really has become a new religion. Because you cannot discuss it. It’s not proper. It is like the Catholic Church.” Giaever based his views on his own knowledge and the reality that there’s been no global warming for the last 18 years or so, weather hasn’t gotten more extreme and that global temperature has only slightly risen, based on data being “fiddled” with by scientists, he said: “When you have a theory and the theory does not agree with the experiment, then you have to cut out the theory. You were wrong with the theory.”
So who are you going to believe? A real scientist and Nobel winner like Giaever or Holiday Inn Express scientists like Gore and Obama?
3) We will finish up this month’s update on how it is logical to be a global warming doubter AND a believer in science with a little levity. Check out the following video clip and see how a comedian shows more logic, grasp of reality, and truth than Al Gore and all other global warming advocates combined:
I am assuming we will be back to this topic next month with more science, more data, and more realities to prove that Al Gore and Barack Obama are on the wrong side of science when it comes to man made global warming and climate change.
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com