As we have dove into the whole issue of manmade global warming, or its new rebranded title of climate change, we found that Al Gore and people like him were guilty of a number of things:
- Ignoring science and realities that did not support their opinions and positions.
- Rather than have an adult conversation about climate, these types of advocates like Gore sank to the level of insulting those who dared look at ALL science by calling them a variety of names including racists, homophobes, terrorists, flat earth believers, and other slanderous names.
- Continuing to insist that politicians step up their intrusions into our lives with higher taxes, more regulations, and more control on our freedoms and standards of living based on a shaky theory at best.
- To see the past posts and the multitude of evidence that we have compiled that showed it is perfectly okay to be a global warming doubter and a believer in science, enter the phrase "global warming doubter” in the search box above or go through the monthly historical post listed on the right side of this page.
1) According to the website, Real Science:
- The Arctic ice cap is now growing at a very quick pace and at the current pace of growth it will be about the same size it was back in the 1980s in about five years, dispelling any remaining global warming doubts and proving just about every historic global warming forecast model to be wrong.
- It also makes a mockery of Al Gore’s 2009 prediction that the entire ice cap might melt by the year 2014.
- The increase lately has been due to a change in winds which is helping to preserve and grow the ice volume.
2) We have often made the case that even if the U.S. substantially reduced its carbon footprint, something it has already done in the past decade or so and has done at a substantial rate, if the rest of the world does not reduce its growth in carbon usage, whatever the U.S. does will be wiped out and overwhelmed by the growth in carbon output from countries such as China and India.
We have previously discussed the reality that with an economy growing at seven percent of more year over year, China will need more and more cheap energy to feed that economic growth and keep its citizens happy. And the quickest, cheapest, and best way to do that is to continue using high carbon content coal to generate energy. In fact, China is building massive infrastructure projects to mine coal and turn it into electricity in its coal rich western regions and transport that electricity to its growing cities in the east. They are not about to give up on coal anytime soon.
There are more people living in India today that do not have access to electricity than who live in the entire U.S. The best and quickest way to get these 300 million plus people onto an electric grid is via coal.
But some people in this country, e.g. Obama and Gore, want the U.S. to continue to hamstring its energy supplies and usage to make a philosophical point that will destroy jobs and economic growth in this country without having an substantial impact on worldwide carbon usage and the environment. Recently, Republican candidate for President, Carly Fiorina, elegantly made this exact point in an interview:
“The scientists that tell us that climate change is real and caused by man made activity, also tell us that a single nation acting alone can make no difference at all. So, when I see a state like California destroy lives and livelihoods with environmental regulations that will make no difference at all to climate change, when I see the Obama administration take that same regulation and apply it nationally – it will make not difference at all, yet we’re destroying people’s lives and livelihoods – I wonder, why are we doing this? Why are we doing this when it won’t have any impact? So I think the answer to this problem is innovation, not regulation. But I must say, it angers me when liberals says “I’m prepared for you to lose your job in the name of sending a signal to…” whom? China could care less? In fact, China is delighted that we are not spending any time or energy figuring out clean coal, because they’re going to go do it.”
Her insightful interview can be seen at:
3) Matt McGrath, writing for the BBC on July 21, 2015, reported that the Arctic ice volume grew by one third after a cool summer in 2013. That is a lot of growth over a wide area. He also went on to report that the growth in the ice cap continued into 2014.
But rather than accept the fact that the growth was so much, climate change advocates are claiming that 2013 and the subsequent growth in the ice cap was a statistical anomaly. They insist the ice cap will continue to shrink in the decades ahead. Rather than accept the reality that according to the article, “Relative to the average of the period between 2010 and 2012, the scientists found that there was a 33% increase in sea ice volume in 2013, while in 2014 there was still a quarter more sea ice than there was between 2010 and 2012,” they still grasp the concept that this is not reality and this growth is some kind of fluke.
Same attitude with their global warming models. It took decades to prove that all of the highly touted global warming forecast models were wrong even though for those decades they kept telling themselves and yelling at global warming doubters, that the realities emerging, i.e. the world was not longer cooling, was a statistical fluke and due to natural variations but that their theories and models would win out. Which they never did.
4) Maybe these doubters of a growing ice cap should have read a recent article by James Taylor writing in Forbes. His article claims that new, updated NASA data from their satellites show that Earth’s polar ice caps have not receded since the satellites began measuring the size of the ice caps in 1979.
In addition, total polar ice volume has remained above the post-1979 average size. One reason for the panic over global warming and its effects on the ice cap is that 1979 marked the end of a 30 year colder than average trend, which made the ice caps larger than average. Once that cooling trend ended in the late 1970s, the ice cap started to shrink which caused global warming advocates to incorrectly correlate mankind’s activities with shrinking ice caps. The total shrinkage was much less than 10% but that was enough to set off the hysteria.
But all that shrinkage began disappearing in 2012 as the ice caps began growing again, making the 2009 Al Gore prediction seem that much more idiotic. According to Mr Taylor, May, 2015 NASA data from its satellites show that the ice cap is now 5% larger than the post 1979 average. More data means less believability of Al Gore types.
That will do it for today’s proof that it is possible to be a global warming doubter and a believer in science. One of the big selling points of first global warming and then the rebranded hysteria, climate change, was that the ice caps were melting as a result of mankind’s energy generation activities.
Which is what happens when you selectively look at historical data that only proves your point without having a basis in reality. Reality: the ice caps are growing, not shrinking as predicted by global warming tenets. Reality: whatever the U.S. does relative to coal and carbon footprint, it will have little effect unless the rest of the world aggressively does the same, a reality that is unlikely to happen as elegantly pointed out by Fiorina.
More updates tomorrow.
Our book, "Love My Country, Loathe My Government - Fifty First Steps To Restoring Our Freedom And Destroying The American Political Class" is now available at:
It is also available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Please pass our message of freedom onward. Let your friends and family know about our websites and blogs, ask your library to carry the book, and respect freedom for both yourselves and others everyday.
Please visit the following sites for freedom:
Term Limits Now: http://www.howmuchworsecoulditget.com